Professional cleanings performed by a licensed dentist or hygienist are just as important to your dental health as daily brushing and flossing. Using specialized tools and training, our hygienists will:
- Remove plaque build-up from the surfaces of teeth. (Bacteria in the mouth form plaque, which collects on teeth and causes decay, gum disease, and gingivitis.)
- Remove tartar from teeth surfaces. (Tartar, or calculus, is plaque that has become so hardened on the teeth that its removal requires special procedures. Tartar below the gum line is also an indication of gum disease.)
- Remove surface stains from teeth through polishing.
Some patients will require a deep cleaning due to gum disease and past periodontal treatments. Our dentists will review your past dental history and identify any issues you may need treatment for.
Regular examinations by Dr. Roslund can help detect and prevent health issues before they become serious. Consistent dental check-ups help catch problems when they are small and easier to treat. Left unattended, small treatable problems become worse and may require more extensive, expensive procedures to repair. Dental examinations generally include the following:
- Gum Disease screening
- Oral Cancer screening
- Visual tooth decay evaluation
- Visual gum disease examination
- Gum pocket measurement and tracking
- X-ray examination to detect: tooth decay, cysts, tumors, problems below the gums and other hidden issues
Dental X-rays are a primary tool for early identification of dental problems. Dr. Roslund can detect issues with X-rays before they become problems saving you money in the long run by preventing the need for more extensive, expensive procedures or surgeries. X-rays are primarily used to detect:
- Internal tooth decay
- Cysts (fluid filled sacks at the base of your teeth)
- Tumors, both cancerous and non-cancerous
- Impacted teeth
- Teeth that are still coming in
To schedule an appointment or consultation, please contact us today.